Southern Rhode Island Volunteers (SRIV) is the leading provider of volunteer resources for non-profit organizations throughout Southern Rhode Island. It is the "clearinghouse" for volunteers, connecting good people with good causes.
What Southern Rhode Island Volunteers does:
- Identifies individuals willing to serve
- Vets volunteers with background checks
- Matches volunteer's desire to serve with local community service opportunities
- Provides insurance, mileage reimbursement and flexible scheduling of hours
- Recruits, places and supports our volunteers who serve the greater community
In addition to volunteer placement at nonprofit agencies and municipalities, Southern Rhode Island
- Manages programs serving at-risk populations
- Manages the Meals on Wheels of RI program of South Kingstown and Narragansett
- Manages the only comprehensive and free Washington County-based transportation service to medical appointments for adult populations who are dealing with chronic disease, temporary illness and injury
- Provides free visitation/companionship for elders and/or respite support to caregivers to alleviate their burden and isolation
- Supports local emergency management relative to crisis/disaster preparedness. It manages a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) that responds to emergencies in South Kingstown and Narragansett.