INDEPENDENT AGING SERVICES
Who is Eligible:
- Elderly individuals
- Adults with disabilities
- Older adults with temporary health conditions
Our goal is to make it possible for seniors and disabled adults to remain at home as changes cause people to need a little bit of help to maintain independence. It is our philosophy that institutional care should be the last choice anyone should have to make.
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Grocery shopping (client can be present, or a volunteer can take a list to the grocery store)
- Food delivery and/or Meals on Wheels delivery
- Visitation/Companionship for isolated individuals (1 hour a week commitment for volunteers)
- SRIV also helps coordinate limited minor home repairs, yard clean up, and snow removal (for those 90 plus years of age without family)
- Respite relief for caregivers
In coordination with the RI State Division of Elderly Affairs, SRIV helps place senior volunteers (55+) in the Senior Companion Program, which provides a stipend to the senior who makes a commitment of 15 to 20 weekly hours of service. For more information contact Lindsay Tanner, Programs Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 552-7661.