INDEPENDENT AGING SERVICES
Who is Eligible:
- Elderly individuals
- Adults with disabilities
- Older adults with temporary health conditions
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Grocery shopping (client can be present or a volunteer can take a list to the grocery store)
- Food delivery and/or Meals on Wheels delivery
- Visitation/Companionship for isolated individuals (1 hour a week commitment for volunteers)
- SRIV also helps coordinate limited minor home repairs, yard clean up, and snow removal (for those 90+ years of age without family)
- Respite relief for caregivers
Our goal is to make it possible for seniors and disabled adults to remain at home as changes cause people to need a little bit of help to maintain independence. It is our philosophy that institutional care should be the last choice anyone should have to make.
In coordination with the RI State Division of Elderly Affairs, SRIV helps place senior volunteers (55+) in the Senior Companion Program, which provides a stipend to the senior who makes a commitment of 15 to 20 weekly hours of service. For more information contact Lindsay Tanner, Programs Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 552-7661.