On March 4th SRIV held our annual Edna Bernier Memorial 'Bowled Over' event at Old Mountain Lanes! More than ever, your support is appreciated with the increase in government cuts hitting the non-profit sector. Unfortunately, our elderly do not have the funds to offset expenses if our services are no longer available.
It is local businesses and community members like you, who understand the need to give back to our seniors through our key fundraising events. Your show of support for SRIV’s 'Bowled Over' event helped raise $9,000!! These funds will be used to carry out our flagship programs, including:
- Over 11,682 meals prepared by Meals on Wheels delivered to 65 home bound seniors in South Kingstown and Narragansett
- Over 100+ seniors received meals as part of our expansion efforts to Charlestown, Westerly, Richmond/Hopkinton, Jamestown, and North Kingstown
- 2,640 bags of groceries (that's 39,600 lbs. of food!) delivered to 55 homebound seniors once a month from local food pantries
- 3,024 hours of weekly grocery shopping assistance to local seniors
- 435 rides to healthcare provider appointments for homebound seniors
- 1,288 companion visits made to help over 25 local seniors facing isolation
- 20 seniors were provided with minor home repair, yard clean ups & snow removal
With your continued support for SRIV, our mission to help our local seniors in need can continue! Your big heart, has a big impact. We extend a BIG thank you! Check out some of the pictures below taken the day of the event, thanks to our wonderful volunteer & marketing diva, Lori Stedman!
Thank you to our event sponsors!
A.B. Hoxie Inc., Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Matunuck Fire Department, Northup's Service Center, Gates Insurance, Tuckertown Fire Department, People's Credit Union, Stasiunas Construction, Baud Builders, South County Smiles Dr. Joe DiSano, Kara J. Scott, Esq., Charlestown Wine & Spirits, Village at Worden's Pond, Lise M. Iwon, Esq., George Sherman Sand & Gravel, Graphic Expressions, The Rathskeller, and the Coutu Family!
Thank you to the business that provided in-kind donations for our event!
Stop & Shop in Westerly, Cumberland Farms in Charlestown, 99 Restaurant & Pub, Dunkin Donuts on Tower Hill Rd, The Mews Tavern, Rock Spot Climbing, Charlestown Mini Super, Entertainment Cinemas- South Kingstown, Robert Anthony Salon