Independent Aging Services
Who is Eligible:
Elderly individuals, adults with disabilities, and older adults with temporary health conditions
Our goal is to make it possible for each individual to remain at home as changes cause people to need a little bit of help to maintain independence. It is our philosophy that institutional care should be the last choice anyone should have to make.
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Grocery shopping (client can be present, or a volunteer can take a list to the grocery store)
- Food delivery and/or Meals on Wheels delivery
- Visitation for isolated individuals (1 hour a week commitment for volunteers)
- SRIV also helps coordinate limited minor home repairs, yard clean up, and snow removal (for those 90 plus years of age without family)
- Respite for caregivers
In coordination with the RI State Division of Elderly Affairs, SRIV helps place senior volunteers (60+) in the Senior Companion Program, which provides a stipend to the senior who make a commitment of 15 to 20 weekly hours of service. For more information contact Lindsay Tanner, Programs Director at SRIV at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 552-7661.