Washington County RSVP, Rhode Island Program
Southern Rhode Island Volunteers' Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Washington County is available to any person 55 years of age and up, who wants to give their time and energy to create a positive impact in their community. RSVP is a Seniors Corps Program of the Corporation for the National Community Service. The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) is our federal grant funder, which provides a portion of the money that supports this program. In 2015 alone, 3,700 Senior Corps volunteers throughout 7 state RSVP programs served in Rhode Island. According to the CNCS website, there are now over 270,000 Senior Corps volunteers nation-wide. You can become a part of this volunteer corps who kindheartedly share their time and energy by joining today!
RSVP of Washington County's mission:
1. To ensure frail, home-bound, low-income seniors and adults with disabilities are able to live independently by providing programs that allow them to stay in their homes and age with dignity.
2. To provide local nonprofits, and community agencies, with a network of senior volunteers who will use their skills to support the needs of South County residents.
The benefits of being an RSVP Volunteer:
- Become reconnected to your community by enriching your neighbors’ lives.
- Renew your sense of purpose - share your skills and learn new skills
- Stay active both physically and mentally
- Receive reimbursement for mileage expenses
- Get protection under SRIV’s supplemental accident insurance during your volunteer shift
- Receive ongoing support from SRIV's staff throughout your volunteer career
- Annual volunteer recognition ceremony, plus special invitation to events held by SRIV
How it works:
Volunteers choose how and where they want to serve. Volunteers can give as much or as little time as they wish. Any help is truly appreciated by those in need.
Email Reid DiRenzo SRIV Volunteer Recruitment & Practice Management VISTA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call 401-552-7661 for more information.
How Do I get Started?
Want to Volunteer? It’s super easy! All you have to do is click the button to the right.
SRIV offers flexible opportunities that makes volunteering more convenient for you. There is no long-term commitment, and we offer a variety of projects that fit your schedule and interests. In order to sign up, new volunteers must first complete the registration forms or stop by our office to pick them up.